Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 033 - Coonawarra




So after a month, it's about time I took a rest and had a relaxing day to myself. Well not really. After leaving Mt Gambier, I took the 50 km drive to Penola, the town inside Coonawarra itself. As usual I went to the tourist information centre, and organised accommodation, and in doing so, organised the day ahead. In doing so, I organised to drive to the following wineries.
Wynns
Rymill
and Majella.
In doing so, it introduced me to an unusual experience, not drinking all the different wines, having to drive myself. After trying those wineries, I decided to drive the car back to the hotel, and then walk the afternoon away. In doing so, I managed to walk about 12 kms, as well as visit the following wineries.

Yulumba (the Menzies)
Bowen Estate
Leconfield
and Hollick.

In doing so, I managed to wear my shoes away, as well as do a little bit of hitck-hicking, all of about 800 metres away.

So 7 wineries in one day, all by myself. Not too bad, and I only bought 1 bottle per winery. Now I need to drink them.
Anyway, time to watch the footy show. Catch you soon. Love you all.

Dafydd

No comments:

Post a Comment