Monday, April 26, 2010

Day 051 - Go West....and North


So today's been draining. I've driven about 650kms, most of which has been on dirt roads. I left Broken Hill this morning, and headed to Tibooburra. Just want to say thanks Jason, for suggesting it, after 4 hours of driving to get here, I stayed about 15 minutes before driving on, well almost. Will talking to a local, she suggested I go to a place called Cameron's Corner, which is the location where South Australia, NSW and Queensland meet. So another 2 hours of driving on dirt roads, some so bad I'm pretty sure I got airborn (hope the car is OK), and I got there. Actually not too much to see there, except for the Dingo Proof Fence (is that the same as the Rabbit Proof Fence, I'll need to investigate), the longest fence in Australia (and maybe the world).


I managed to get back to town, just as the sun set, so I'll need to do some tourism tomorrow morning. But it's a small town, it only has 2 pubs, so it should be a nice morning.


Anyway, once I finish up here, I'll head to White Cliffs to look into some Opal mining. Stay tuned.

Something of note: So I'm in the real outback now, and you can tell. 2 things. 1. If you get out of the car, and turn it off, you can really take in the silence. It's so calming. 2. You can literally see for miles and miles. I don't think the environment has ever heard about pollution. It's stunning.


One last thing, another toilet situation. So I check the toilet everytime I go there, remember my red-back spider incident. Not so scary this time. I have a frog in the bowl. It's gorgeous.



2 comments:

  1. Mate, today is Wednesday and where is the blog??? How am I supposed to start the day without my daily update? Need to pull your finger out! You public followers are waiting....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Pies!!! Gotta say, I really enjoyed watdching that game, by myself, in a hotel with a huge (3m * 2m) screen to watch it on.

    As as for late, deal with it. I was picking up (see Day 052 for more details)

    ReplyDelete