Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 052 - The White Cliffs of Dover?

Hi Everyone, after a lovely short drive on dirt roads yesterday, I figured it was time to do it again. It was only 300 kms today to White Cliffs, but it was all dirt roads. And apart from 1 big hole, which I hit, it was a reasonable drive.

So what's White Cliffs? Firstly, it's a town that Jason suggested to me, and secondly, it's an opal town, similar to Coober Pedy, but much smaller.

So after running around the town, looking at some opal galleries, and seeing a few opal mines, I checked into the Underground Motel, where the whole motel is underground. It's a very interesting experience, sleeping underground.

When I booked in, the receptionist advised me that an "old" person function was on that night, with a whole bus full of people, which I accepted. This included dinner. The receptionist put me on a table with the only other person not in that function group, which ended up being a 55 year old gay man, who had all sorts of insights and issues. It only took him about 5 minutes to ask me if I was gay, which I denied perfusely, as well as telling him about all the girls, but he still hit on me. The funny thing is, he was married for 10 years, as well as dated a prostitute.

Eugene, is the second guy on the left.


Luckily, I had a savior. This lovely girl is a woman of my own heart. Loves to laugh, and can drink like no woman I've ever met before. And to think, she has a child older than I am...

No comments:

Post a Comment