Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 045 - Catching up with the Roses

Hi Everyone, I hope all is going well. I had a lovely day today, doing a few touristy things, as we well as catching up with an old friend.

I firstly went to Adelaide Oval, to have a tour around the oval. It was guided by an old member of the ground, and he took us through various areas of the ground, including the members area, inside the scoreboard itself, and onto the oval. It was lovely to see the ground that I've watched cricket on TV for years on.

Once I finished there, I caught up with an old friend, Ila, who I first met in the Caribbean on 2003, when I went there for the cricket. She spent the day with me, firstly taking me to he Adelaide Zoo. For those that don't know, this zoo has a huge set-up for 2 pandas that were shifted here a few months ago. Luckily, we actually got to see one of them walking around and eating, as they usually spend most of their day sleeping, just like me.
As we were so interested in the zoo animals, we forgot to have lunch, so we headed down to Glenelg for sunset and dinner.


It was great to spend the day with Ila (thanks Ila), it's really nice to catch up with friends you haven't seen is a long time.

Anyway, I'm moving out of Adelaide today, heading off to Barossa.

Catch you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment