Saturday, April 10, 2010

Days 34 + 35 - Not "in doing so"

So I've just read my last blog entry, and I noticed I wrote "in doing so" quite a bit. That's not really a saying I have, I guess it must have been because of something I ate that day.

So, I'm now in Robe, I got here last night, and am planning on staying here tonite as well. It's an old hostel, built in the 1840's I believe. It's a very strange building. I couldn't touch the ceiling if I was standing on about 10 people, but I have a lovely room, and last night I slept the best I've slept since I started this trip.

After leaving Penola, I decided to head to Naracoorte, where there's are some excellent caves. Whilst I was there, I managed to go through 3 different systems, the Alexandra, Blanche and Wet Caves. Unlike the other caves I've done this week, all these caves were huge in size, there was no cramping to get through spaces. Unfortunately my camera doesn't work to well in the dark, but hopefully the one I've attached is an interesting example.


I also went to the Bool Lagoon, apparently a "must see" by the lonely planet people. Unfortunately, I don't think there's been any water in this region for years, so there was nothing really to see.


Today, with bad weather expected, I got up early and went fishing of the town jetty. In two hours, I was the only person to catch a fish, and they were just a little bay trout, and a funny little fish called a cowfish. Unfortunately, it has lots of poisonous spikes on it, and it came off my line onto the pier, so I had lots of fun getting it back into the water.


I then headed down south, as I'd heard of a nudist beach 20 kms south. Unfortunately I didn't find it, but I found a little town, called Nora Creina, which had a private property sign, and gates, so that I couldn't get in. Maybe the two objects are one, but I did think it a little strange.


I then headed to Beachport for lunch, a town I stayed at many years ago with Lance and friends. It's a funny little town, it has a jetty that is almost a km long.


Finally I ended up in Kingston, to check out the Giant Lobster statue. Something to take a photo of, even though it was raining at the time.


Anyway, I think I'm about a week away from Adelaide. I think I'll stay there for a few days, but in the meantime, there's still the bottom of the murray, and kangaroo island to do.

Until next time....







Alexandra Caves (reflection)

Giant Lobster

No comments:

Post a Comment