Monday, April 12, 2010

Days 36 & 37 - Back to the Murray

So, is anyone reading this? It's hard to tell sometimes, but at least I'll read these details sometime in the future.

So what have I been up to?

Well, I moved on from Robe, and yes it was still raining. I'd planned to stop in a little town called Meningie, after going through the Corong National Park. I spent most of the morning driving through the Corong, stopping in various locations. For those that don't know, the Corong is the thin coastline park, running for about 200 kms, but is only about 10km wide. I'd decided to go to this place, called the 42km crossing, which is an area that 4wd cars drive along the beach, but i got too scared, what with my car, no partners, and no other people around. I wouldn't want my car stuck on the beach when the tide comes in.

When I got to Meningie, I decided to move on, it's not very interesting looking, and the water on it's lake was very low, and wouldnt have been fun for fishing. So I decided to move on to Wellington (no, not in NZ), which is a tiny town that runs along the Murray, where the Murray is in its last km before it becomes a lake. I fished there for a few hours, but with no success.

Today I've driven to Victor Harbour, which I guess is the SA version of the Rosebud area, but probably nicer looking. I'm planning on staying here a couple of days, to check a few things out.

Anyway, no pictures today, I actually didn't take many. Stay tuned for the next entry.

Keep smiling.

1 comment:

  1. We are reading your blog Daf. Sounds like you are having a great time. Leanne
    P.S. James misses you

    ReplyDelete