Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 043 - the McLaren Vale

So I've been in Adelaide for less than 24 hours, and I needed to escape already. Just kidding, but I thought I'd go to McLaren Vale for the day/night anyway, before heading back to Adelaide for a few days.

So what do you do at McLaren Vale, go to wineries of course. And unfortunatley this time, I drove to all 5 that I went to, so there was lots of tipping out, and not many bottles bought. I know I've changed.

Of all the wineries that are here, I went to the following:
  • Oliver Taranga - a lovely but not well known place.
  • Rosemount - very well known, and no need to go there.
  • Primo Estate - home of the lovely Joseph wines.
  • d'Aranberg - so many wines to try, and a car to be driven.
  • Samuels Gorge - a very small winery, my believe is that the guy running it/serving me was very drunk, as he kept running in and out of the room, when I was the only person there.

To keep myself "undrunk" I went for a snorkel down the coast a little, at Aldinga Beach. I was a little scared of sharks, but had a lovely dive, seeing lots of little, and some not so little, fish. After I'd finished, whilst I was pulling off my diving gear, a dolphin swam past, about 15 metres away. If only I'd stayed in for another 5 minutes.

After all the wineries for the day, I headed down to Maslin Beach, to go for a swim, and see the sunset. See the photos attached, to see the lovely sunset.

Sunset


That's right, it's a nudist beach. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment