Sunday, April 25, 2010

Days 49 & 50 - Oh my, it's Broken Hill

Hi everyone,


I hope you're all well. So it's been a couple of days, and I've changed states. I'm now in Broken Hill, inside NSW. I have to say, the drive from Clare Valley was amazing. Going from rolling cream coloured hills, to almost desert like conditions was fantastic.

So I've been here almost 30 hours, and have done a few things. I've gone to the Day Dream Mine, to see an old silver mine. I still have a sore back from that. I went to Silverton, a little town that has had multiple movies, including Mad Max 2 filmed at it. I went to the Sculpture Symposium, where 12 statues have been carved. I've been to the Line of Lode to see the Miners memorial (today), to see how many people have died in the mining industry (lots). So basically. I've seen all of Broken Hill.

Most importantly, I found a pub that would show the Anzac AFL game on a large TV. Go Pies!!!!

So, a couple of big drives in the next few days. Going to Tibooburra tomorrow, then White Cliffs the next day. Hopefully the car will cope, it's mainly on unsealed roads.

Mio Sculpture



The Big Chair

No comments:

Post a Comment