Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 044 - Bay to Adelaide




Firstly, I'd just like to say that kangaroos aren't that smart. So I'm up driving from Mclaren Vale to Hahndorf, it's about 9:30am, and I see a large grey kangaroo on the right side of the road, facing away from the road, so I think once it sees me, it'll just forward on and go off the road, so I only slow down a little. Well, it sees me, and decides to turn around to run across my path. Did I also tell you that it had been raining all morning. Well lots of braking, and a little bit of swearing, but no damage done to car, road or kangaroo.
I had a reasonably relaxing day. I went to Hahndorf, to take another look at the old german village, as well as heading up to Mt Lofty Summit, to take a good view of the city of Adelaide. After that, I took my car to Nissan, to get a service, and whilst doing that I went into town, and walked around the main roads/shops.
After getting my car back, I went to the main shop/factory for Haighs chocolates, to buy myself some needed proteins. Then I headed back to the hotel, took a swim, read my book for an hour, and just relaxed.
I'm hoping to do a few things tomorrow, like go to the Zoo, to Adelaide Oval, and down to Glenelg. I'll be catching up with an old friend, who I met in South America/Caribbean, so that should be a nice fun day.
Catch ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment