Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Days 27 to 31 - Port Fairy to Mount Gambier

Hi all,

Well, it's been a few days, firstly I was busy with friends, and then the last 2 days I've been out of range. So what have I been up to? Lots. Here's a summary.
  • Friday I went from Port Fairy to Portland, to catch up with some work mates. While waiting for them, I went to Cape Bridgewater, were I did a nice walk along a cliff face, to see a big colony of seals. It's a pity that there were so far below me, about 150 metres, as I couldn't get a nice photo.
  • Saturday, I went on a fishing charter with Cade, Kevin and Danny from work, along with a couple of other people. We were aiming to go out wide, and go for Tuna fishing, unfortunately the weather wasn't great, so we could only go out in the shallow water, were we caught snapper and other assorted fish. We did have fun for a little while, as a hammerhead shark swam around our boat, but we couldn't get him to take our bait. Doh!
  • Saturday night we went out to dinner, and Marcus Warrington, and his son, Nicholas caught up with us, so we had a nice little group.
  • Sunday, Marcus, Nicholas and I continued on, and went camping at the Lower Glenelg national park, were we put up tents right next to the Glenelg river. We spent the next couple of days fishing, and swimming in the river. We caught about 100 bream between the 3 of us, the largest being about 24cms, so not large.
  • We also went to the Princess Margaret Rose caves, to check out the caves there.

I'm now in Mt Gambier, where I'll spend a couple of nights. As I had bad weather, I used the time to clean my clothes. Tomorrow I'll have a big run-around, doing old volcanoes and caves.

Catch you next time.

PS. No photos today. Too many to go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment