Wednesday, March 31, 2010

DaY 025 - The Great Ocean Road

Hi All,

Before I start, something came to mind. Whilst I'm travelling, if you have any suggestions or ideas about the places I'm heading to, let me know. You can email me at monty_os@hotmail.com.

So, for today, I did lots of different things. Predominantly I drove the Great Ocean Road, well most of it. Where does it actually start and finish anyway? And why does about 80kms of it not actually follow the coastline anyway?

So I'm in Port Campbell, a lovely little town, right in the middle of it all.

I've been to the Cape Otway Lightstation, a lighthouse built in 1848 ( I think it's the oldest in Victoria). Quick nice, but probably not worth the price of entry, and the driving required to get there. But on a strange note, there's plenty of Koalas out there, every 2 minutes there's a whole bunch of cars stopped on the side of the road with people taking photos of them.

I also went to the Otway tree top walk. It's a stroll through the rainforests of the Otways, with the main area of it being a walk through the top of the trees, thanks to the sometimes moving, sometimes swaying metal walkways, that take you up 50 metres. And yes, I'm still scared of heights.

By the time I got the the 12 Apostles, and Loch Ard Gorge, it was later in the day, so the photos weren't great, so I'll have to go again tomorrow, along with 27,000 other sites to see. btw: the 12 Apostles is so much different than the last time I went. hundreds of car parks, filled with cars. And helicopter flights. Mmmm, might have to do that tomorrow, but $100 for 10 minutes, is it worth it.


anyway, time to go and relax. Hope you are all well.



No comments:

Post a Comment