Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 086 - And now I'm in Western Australia

Hi All,

So I've moved on from South Australia, after spending quite a bit of time there, I'm now in a little town called Eucla, just over the border into WA. Now, if anyone's ever driven this line, they'll know that when you hit the border, you have to go through "customs" to get your car checked out. I had to open all my doors, and go through by boxes and esky, to ensure I wasn't bringing the wrong foods into the state. Apparently we have lots of diseases in other states.

Anyway, when I left Nullarbor, I spent most of the next 200km driving about 50 metres from lovely cliff lines. There were about 7 lookout points, where I got to take lots of photos.

Before and after crossing the border, I had to play a golf hole, a par 3 (got 4) in SA, and a par 4 (got 6) in WA. Tomorrow I think I'll hit 4 holes, which should be fun. And I didn't lose a ball in either hole, I'm impressed, and starting to enjoy the game.

After settling in at Eucla, I did a little drive around, taking myself down to see an old Telegraph station, now pretty much fully under sand dunes. Oh, and the beach down there was so lovely, the sands so white, the waters so calm. If only it wasn't so cold. Looking forward to heading north again.

Anyway, time to go. Catch you tomorrow (I think).





No comments:

Post a Comment