Monday, May 17, 2010

Day 072 - Who the xxxx is Alice

So I'm now fully in Alice Springs, and a lovely town it is. The hostel I'm staying at, Annies Place, is a definite must if you're out for a party. It brings back memories of Paris at the 3 Ducks hostel.

I did a big run-around here today, catching as many sites as I could. I went to see the Todd River, not that there was any water, lots of locals with fires though.

I then headed to Anzac Hill, a small hill over the town, where y0u get to see a great view of the whole town. To be honest, apart from the poverty and abuse, Alice Springs is a lovely town.
From there I went to the Reptile Centre, to see all the local snakes and other reptiles of the area. It was a nice little centre, but I did get to hold a dragon and a python.
From there I headed to the Desert Park, recommended by everyone as the place to go to in AS. It was a pretty average sort of zoo, until I went into the Noctural area. Absolutely fantastic, as was the birds of prey exhibit, just like the one in Healesville.
Anyway, I'm back in town now, writing my usual, and getting an early night. I have a 685 km drive tomorrow, heading to Coober Pedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment