Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 080 -- Port Lincoln, swimming and comedy

Hi All,
firstly, sorry Lance that this is a little late, I had such a good day yesterday, I was too tired to write this when I got home. And I know you like to read these first thing in the morning.
Anyway, yesterday was such a big day, as the weather's finally come good again, and there's lots to see in Port Lincoln. I started by actually leaving town, and going to the NP, which is just south of town, in the hope of seeing a whale. Unfortunately no go there, apparently not cold enough yet.
From there I went to the local maritime museum, which had lots of boats and pieces of boats to look at, along with a nice video, which showed me how the Tuna industry began and now works. I then had lunch in town, which gave me a good look at how the town works. It's actually a really nice place to come to, and in summer it'd be so full of people. Oh, and did you know that the best horse ever, Makybe Diva grew up here???
After lunch I jumped on a tour boat, and went out to the sea to swim with Tuna. Apparently there's lots of permanent nets out in the water where they put the live Tuna they catch, so that they grow and get fit. Swimming with them was fantastic, you really get a view of how they live. And god they swim fast (70km/h), I hope some of my underwater photos come out. They also had snapper there, all over 20lbs. Lovely.
After the tour, I headed out to the theatre to see Busting Out. I don't know if you know about it, but for most of the 2 hours, the 2 women are walking around topless. It's like the old Puppetry of the Penis show, where the women move and shape their breasts into different shapes. My favourite was the batman symbol, but I'll leave that to your imagination.
So now it's the morning, and I'll continue my travels heading west. It wont be too long till I get to the SA/WA border, and hopefully the weather starts picking up. Oh, and I met a couple who just came from the "Bight" and they saw 27 whales there, so I'm keen.
Makybe Diva
Fishies - 40kg tuna

1 comment:

  1. That's ok mate, I just figured the tuna had chewed your fingers off and you couldn't type. I had to make due with reading the Hearld Sun website instead..lol

    ReplyDelete