Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 074 - Coober Pedy and all that Opal

Hello no-one,

Sorry, just testing to see if anyone is reading. So I've been at Coober Pedy today, and have done a number of things. I planned to spend the morning doing a few things myself, before going on a 1.2 day tour.

So in the morning I firstly went to the "Big Winch", which is the highest point in CP for a few photos. I then headed down to the local golf course (see photo below), but decided against playing a game, it didn't look that appealing. After that I went to a private underground house, where the owner/resident took me around his home/dig out. It was really nice to be shown around by the local, but I feel sorry for him, his house is open from 8 to 5 everyday.

Anyway, in the afternoon I joined the bus tour, where I was the youngest person (surprise), and got to see a number of things, run by a hilarious tour guide/bus driver. He had a joke for everything, and knew everything about town. We got to see a opal mine, opal museum, the breakaways hills, the dog fence and so many other things. I think in future I'm going to have to jump on these tours more often, I'll learn so much more, not that I'm at school and need to learn, but you know what I mean.



Coober Pedy Golf Course

Underground Serbian Church


2 comments:

  1. You know I'm a dedicated reader mate... so did this local guy so you his bedroom???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course he did, all 3 of them. then he took me to the pool.

    ReplyDelete