Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day 075 - Where is the Woomera

Firstly, just want to say thanks to the person who made a comment on yesterday's blog entry. Good to see I make his morning start a little nicer.

Secondly, go Pies!! Hopefully we put it all together tomorrow night and beat the Cats (sorry Drew and Mio).

So, today I left Coober Pedy, and travelled the 400km to get to Woomera. It's funny, I didn't really know too much about this place, but as the towns are sparce here in the outback, it was the place I chose to spend the night. So what's it about Woomera. Firstly, this is where we had a Correction Centre, for all those people coming here by boat. unfortunately, it was closed a few years ago, so driving up to the front gate didn't cause any guardman to run at me with guns, on flies.

Apart from that, the main thing about Woomera is it was a place we worked on missiles and rockets after the second world war. Apparently we had second rate missiles compared to the Germans, so the English and Aussies decided to use to town as a place to create/test new ones. Very interesting, even if the museum was about 45 degrees in there.

anyway, no exciting photos today, so no pictures for you. Hopefully tomorrow, when I get to Arno Bay, I'll get a few pretty pics, hey I'll be seeing water again, and fish I hope.

Until next time

2 comments:

  1. yay....i'm officially 'following' you now!! so glad you're having a great time. mio wants to know what happened in the spa? said to ask you that if it was only big enough for 1 person, where did the girls sit??! don't answer that :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, and I was naked as well. Unfortunately both were fully involved with their men, so nothing happened (that I remember).

    ReplyDelete