Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 077 - fishie fishie fishie fish

Hi Everyone, I hope you're all well. I had a great day today, doing one of my favourite past-times, going fishing on a fishing charter. And today, I went out with a charter boat that was on TV last week, where they showed people catching big snappers.

And catching big snappers is what we did. Although my own largest one was a meesly 55cm, one of the guys got a 75cm monstrocity. Absolutely lovely.

And to make the trip even better, one the way out we were followed by a few dolphins as well. But most impressive of all, at around 3:30, about 5 minutes before we were to head back to port, we were joined by a white pointer, at a tiny 12 ft in length. It stayed around us for about 10 minutes, eating some of the fish whilst we were catching it. We ended up trying to catch it, which we did, and had about 5 minutes of fighting before it ate through the metal wire fishing line. A great way to end the day.

On the way back, the weather had turned a little rough, and by the time we got back to port, an hour later, I was thoroughly wet, and freezing.


To end the day, I had a hamburger from the local food-mart, where they advertised the Arno-mous burger, a hamburger that fit across the whole plate. Let me just say that I'm nice and full now. Mmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment