Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 081 - Killing in the name of....

So, hello everyone. Just thought I'd write to you, just like I do most days. Unfortunately I don't have any mobile reception, cause I'd like to make a phone call or two.

So, what did I do today? I went from the lovely Port Lincoln, to the small town of Elliston, via the Coffin Bay National Park. Now I wasn't expecting must from the NP, but once I got there, I found it lovely. Beautiful landscapes, lovely lakes, rivers and beaches. I spent a couple of hours there, driving around at the NP speed limit of 40km.

Once I left, about 500 metres out, I put the foot to the pedal, and got to the lovely speed of about 80km/h before an emu jumped onto the road. Well I had nothing else I could do but slam on the brakes and hope for the best. Unfortunately, emus being slightly dumb, it decided to run to me, rather than away, and I hit for the poor animal. It got hit by my side mirror, which went flying. Pulling over, there was no emu to be found, and no blood on my car, but a missing mirror, and a couple of scratches on the side. Poor car.

So after getting myself together, I drove to Elliston, a small fishing town. After speaking to the locals, I found the "good" place to go, called Locks Well, and headed off there. Ok, so there's 284 steps down to the sand, but it was worth it. With my first cast in, I caught a lovely Salmon, and within the next 2 hours, I caught another 3 more. Unfortunately the water was really rough, otherwise I would have stayed longer.

I might go fishing tomorrow here before I leave, depending on how the weather looks.

Catch you later.




3 comments:

  1. are you jealous of the emu/car crash as well???

    the fishing was good, pity the water was rough, and I was by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would have loved to have been there too mate. And you know I would have pissed myself seeing the emu run into your car...I'm chuckling to myself now...

    ReplyDelete