Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 061 - I'm finally here.....Ayers Rock




As you can see, I've made it to my number 1 goal of my trip, Ayers Rock. After driving 503 kms, I finally got here. For those that don't know, you can legally do 130 in the NT, which is nice, but after doing it for 50km or so, you still want to go faster. Unfortunately for most of my trip today, the limit was only 110.
Anyway, so I'm here, and with only spending about 5 minutes on accommodation, I headed to the rock. I have to say, I had an adrenaline rush, just from seeing it. But when I got there, it was closed for climbing, something about it being windy. No big loss, I have a few more days here.

So I walked around it, a nice 10km walk, where you get to take it all in. And once I finished that, I joined the 500 or so other people to watch the sunset. I only took about 30 photos for the sunset, but this guy next to me had automated 10 second timer on his camera. He was taking hundreds. Anyway, lovely to watch.
So tomorrow I'm going to miss the sunrise, and try and have a relaxing day. If I can get up on the rock I will, otherwise I'll head to the Olgas for a couple of walks, before relaxing by the pool in the afternoon.
See some of you this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment