Wednesday, March 10, 2010

From Eildon to Porepunkah






Day 4 started badly, with my stomach not feeling well, and not getting any better. That's right Steve, Mr Whippy was returned. But apparently it was only short lived, hey, I come prepared these days.

So, after leaving Eildon, I did lots of travelling. First port of call was to go through/past Bonnie Doon. And no, I didn't see the "The Castle" house, thanks to my NavMan that said it was in Mansfield. So I went to Mansfield as well, lovely little town.


From Mansfield I drove through Benalla, and then headed to Lake Mokoan, you know, that really big lake that you see on the left side of the road when you head up the Hume. Well anyway, all it was was a huge bunch of dead trees, damn water shortage. Getting very short on fuel, I headed in to Glenrowan, to have a chat with Ned Kelly. Funny, he wasn't very talkative.
From Glenrowan, I drove through Wangaratta, and headed to Beechworth, my planned night-stay location. After walking around the town for an hour, and it still being reasonably early in the day, I decided to drive on to Porepunkah, the town at the bottom of Mount Buffalo. It was lovely to have swim in the pool there, and kick back and relax.
Tomorrow I'm heading up onto Mount Buffalo, and plan to be there for either 2 or 3 nights. While up there, I'll assume that I'll be out of contact. Stay tuned for my next location entry, either Bright, or Wodonga.
See ya.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Head,

    Good to see your blog. Hope you are having a good time getting to know strange tiolets intimately.

    Climb that horn!

    ReplyDelete