Saturday, March 13, 2010

Days 5 to 7... Mount Buffalo.

Hi Everyone, I hope all is well. It's been 3 days, so I'll try and summarise what I've been up to, for a change.

I've spent the last 3 days up in Mount Buffalo, camping for the first time on this trip, before now being situated in a caravan in Mount Beauty. A summary of what I can tell you:


  • In 2.5 days in Mount Buffalo, I did 11 walks/hikes, which added up to approximately 40kms.
  • I saw all sorts of wild life and great scenery.
  • I met all sort of different people, most of which were either german, swedish, or old.
  • I slept on top of the mountain, where it was warm in the daytime, and freezing in the nighttime.
  • I went for a swim in the lake next to the campsite, all for about 10 seconds before I had to jump out.
  • I spotted a 3-4 pound brown trout on one of my walks, and was upset that I didn't bring the fishing gear on the trip.

Anyway, I've now left that area, and have moved on to Mount Beauty, which isn't really a mountain at all, but a small town. It's surrounded by all the well-known mountains, and the main people I've seen are bycyclists, so I've been taking corners a lot faster now.

I'm off to Rutherglen tomorrow, via Wodonga (apparently there's a big show going on there.).

Take a look at the photos below. And in case you haven't worked it out, I definitely loved Mount Buffalo, a mountain that everyone should go to at least once in their lives.

See ya



the little cricket ground at the top of the mountain



all the walks I did.

1 comment:

  1. Great photos Daf. It looks beautiful. Enjoy your night in the caravan! Leanne

    ReplyDelete