Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 024 - Bells Beach Pro

So, starting the day off with a bit of shopping, no, I haven't had an operation, I headed up to all the surf shops in Torquay for a little purchasing. With new clothes in hand, I then headed off to Bells Beach, to watch the beginning day of the Bells Beach Rip Curl Pro. Unfortunately I didn't get to see Kelly Slater, or any other male surfers, as it appeared to be a female day only. So I stayed there for about 2 hours, before heading off. It was nice to sit down on the beach and relax whilst watching.
From Bells Beach, I headed down to Lorne, where I did a few things. Firstly, I headed up to Erskine Falls, a lovely little waterfall up in the hills. Secondly, after all that exercise, I went to the beach to go for a swim. Lots of people, including myself, doing bodysurfing. Lastly, went to the Pier in Lorne, which is almost brand new, and has been rated in the past as being a great place for fishing. Well, in the 3 hours I was there, I was the only person to catch not 1, but 2 fish, a little leatherjacket and the biggest Trevally I've caught not in Queensland (they grow big there).
Oh, and finally, I had a Parma at the Lorne Hotel. I commented on this, as it was fantastic (top 5 of all time). Must come back.
Catch you soon.

Bells Beach Pro



Trevally

No comments:

Post a Comment