Tuesday, March 23, 2010

What day is it now??

Hi Y'all,

So I've moved on from Halls Gap, and have made it to Ballarat. I know, I'm soooo far away from home now. But not for long...

Bill, I decided to think of you this morning, and went to climb Mount William, before I headed out of the Grampians region. I have to say, you beat me, it was a too steep a climb, but still, nice views.

From there I headed down south, looking for a couple of Volcanic craters. The main one in the area, suggested by the local information desk, was called Mount Elephant, so I headed down there. Unfortunately, I didn't get told that I couldn't get to the top, so I just had to appreciate it from a distance.

After that, I had headed down to Ballarat, to do the Sovereign Hill thing. Lovely place, much better than it's Swan Hill equivalent, but I guess it could be, it had so many staff. One thing to suggest, make sure you see all the timed events, it certainly makes you feel like you're back in the old/gold days.

So I finished the day off, walking around the main strip of town, where I found a restaurant that I love and adore. See photos below.




No comments:

Post a Comment