Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day 8 - Mount Beauty to Rutherglen

Ok, so after just one night, I've decided to leave the ever peaceful (ok, not much happens there) Mount Beauty, and travel on to Rutherglen. Along the way I visited a number of little regions, including Yakandandah, a lovely place for all those 70's people, Lake Hume and it's associated Dam, and Wodonga. I have to say, I was pretty impressed with the Hume Dam, not for it's water use, but from the fact that I could see all these "big" fishes swimming around, if only I could have gone fishing from the top of the dam.


So Rutherglen. It's definitely different being here when it's not a "festival" weekend. I popped in to Pfeiffers (as if I wouldn't), and all the staff still remember me by name. Unfortunately Jen was away today, so I'll have to go there tomorrow morning, as see if she can convince me to buy some wine (hah!).
I also talked to some yokels about fishing, and they all gave me some tips on what to use, and where to go. Bottom line, I fished for 2 hours, and caught 1 fish, which I've attached a picture off. Anyway, it's my goal this week to catch a Murray Cod, I'm going to see if I can get an
expert to take me out at Cobram tomorrow.
Check out the photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment