Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 146 - Darwin part 2

Hi All, it's good to be back to just writing one blog a day, yesterday was a real killer.

So today was a day of activity. After dropping off my car at 7:30 for a service (30,000km), I headed in to town to do a few things.

First on the agenda was to head to Aquascene, the place where every day, hundreds to fish come to shore to be hand fed. And had fed they were. Lots of different fish, including mullet, milkfish, batfish, cod, barramundi, archer fish and so on. It was a nice activity, although mainly for kids I think, although some of the fish were bigger than the kids feeding them. Luckily no crocs or sharks.

From there I walked around town, just to get a feel for the place. In doing so, I've logged myself in for a fishing charter tomorrow. Hopefully my luck has improved, now that Steve has left.

It was already hot, so I headed in to see a movie, Knight and Day. Has anyone seen it? Not sure whether is was good or not, I'm still trying to work out if it was a comedy or not.

Back on the tour, I headed to Crocosaurus Cove, a crocodile "zoo" in the cbd. Lots of up close and personal crocs, but to be honest, apart from the pool of little ones, they were pretty boring, just sleeping all day.

From there I headed back to the hotel, via a shopping centre, and spent a few hours sitting/swimming in the pool, along with reading a book.

Fish Feeding - Mullet and Batfish


Lots of little baby crocodiles


No comments:

Post a Comment