Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 131 - I'm on the road again....

Hello everyone, and welcome back to my travels. Yes, that's right, I'm back on the road again.

For those of you who may not know, my mother, who had been battling a serious illness, died last week, and therefore I came home to see her before she passed away. It was a roller-coaster of a week, and I'd just like to say thanks to all the people who contacted me to give me support, as well as all the people who came to her funeral. She would have been so pleasantly surprised by the amount of people that turned out.

A special thanks need to go out to those people that helped out in the funeral, you know who you are, as well as those people who came from far and wide to be there.

Anyway, I shall move on in this blog, although not in my heart.

So today I got back on the road, with a 13 hour trip. That included driving 50 km to the airport, catching 2 flights to get to Karratha, and then driving 250 km to get to Port Hedland. A big days travel, but with some nice times in between.

When I got to Karratha, I was picked up by my cousin Gareth, who was minding my car. Not only were they doing that, they also washed it (heaven forbid) and bought me food for my trip. They treated me so nicely, I look forward to seeing the whole Palmer clan when they come to Melbourne at Christmas.

So I'm now in Port Hedland, although I haven't seen much of it, since I got here at 8pm. I'll do a quick drive around town tomorrow morning, before heading off to Broome to catch up with the Steve Machar clan.

Catch you all soon.

Kate, Eva and Gareth

No comments:

Post a Comment