Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 145 - From Kakadu to Jumping Crocs

Hi all,
This is going to be a short one, as I've already written 3 tonite. So what did I do today?
Firstly I went to the Uranium Mine in Kakadu, to see the mine. I didn't see much, except for a huge hole in the gr0und, similar to the gold super-pit in Calgoolie.
From there I went in to Jabiru, just to see the hotel that looks like a crocodile. Not bad, but hard to get a decent photo, what with it's size, and all the trees around it.
From there I went to Ubirr, what I think is the main Rock Art in Kakadu. I even recalled doing this one 16 years ago. Lots of lovely pictures, like yesterday, and lots of heat as well.
After that walk, I then headed out of Kakadu, and onto my way to Darwin. About 60km short of Darwin, is the famous Jumping Crocodile cruise, and hour long cruise on a double decker boat, where they get crocodiles, some as long as 6 metres to come to the boat and jump for food. It's quite and act to see, even the main "father" croc came for a hunt.
Now I'm in Darwin, in a run-down hotel, right beside the main airport. I'm hear for 2 nights, not sure how I'll sleep, but will give it a try.
Until tomorrow.
Ubirr Artwork


Jumping Croc


No comments:

Post a Comment