Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day 133 - Fishing in Broome

Hi all, I hope you're all doing well. For me, I had a great day today. Steve and I went on a fishing charter in Broome, with the aim to catch lots of fish.

The start of the day was very strange, the charter didn't start till 9:30am, when I'm used to leaving around 6am. I guess it's something to do with the huge tides they have here.

Steve and I decided early to have a bet (as if I wouldn't), with the 1st fish, biggest fish and most fish, where the winner gets to have the other person be his personal drink slave. Well it didn't take much time before Steve caught the first fish, and not long after to catch the 2nd and 3rd. Lots of varied fish, and no Snapper in sight. My first fish came in as some 20cm fingerling.

Let's just say now that I probably had my worst fishing charter of the trip. I think we were up to 6 versus 2 fish, before I hit pay-dirt. I got on to a nice fish, and was having a a nice fight, and then, wzzzzz, my line goes crazy, as a shark takes my fish, but luckily the shark stayed on. After a 15 minute fight, with lots of runs and sore arms, I got the 7 foot whaler shark to the boat. Absolutely great fun, and even though I didn't catch anything else after that, it made my day.

After fishing, we ran back to catch up with Nancy, so they could get to the beach before sunset.







No comments:

Post a Comment