Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 132 - And now I'm in Broome

Hi Everyone, I hope you're all well.

So today was a interesting day, sort of. After being woken up consistently from 5am, by all the miners in the motel, I got up at 7am and did the usual, shower/breakfast etc. Today the plan was to drive to Broome, a 620km drive. Now I have to say, todays drive wasn't very interesting at all. Apart from having a 300km gap between roadhouses, which meant not seeing much, I got to Broome 7 hours later and caught up with Steve and Nancy.

The hotel they'd chosen, the Oaks, was fantastic. The best hotel I've been in since the ones in Ayers Rock. With a large pool in the middle of all the rooms, not even 10 metres from my room, it's great.

In the evening we decided to go to see a moving in Sun Pictures, an outside/inside theatre, where everyone sits in deck chairs. We saw Bran New Dae, which was very topical, as the movie is set in Broome itself. Not a bad movie, although I'm not a huge fan of musicals.

Anyway, Steve and I are off on a fishing charter in about an hour, so hopefully we can catch a big one.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment