Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 143 - To Katherine Gorge

Hi Everyone,

Yes, it's still a little upset about missing that Barra, but there will be other times. So what did I do today. Well, in Katherine, there's lots of things to do, and also a bit of a worry about doing them. I'm not going to harp on the Aboriginals in the town, but lets just say that there was some ugliness on the streets when we first got into town.

Anyway, we started our day, late, and headed to the local Hot Springs for a nice little dip. The water running through little stream was a leisurely 32 degrees, and i think we spent the next 90 minutes swimming in it, relaxing.

From there we headed to the Katherine Gorge area, where we took a 2 hour boat cruise down the river, enjoying the comments made by the Javanese boat driver. Now I have to say, after doing the Geikie Gorge, and the Bungle Bungles, Katherine Gorge wasn't that great. It was lovely, but maybe I've seen too much rockwork of late.

Anyway, time to finish this one up, I have 2 more to write today (see Sue, I am alive!!)


Steve, Nancy, Kiara and Tia


Hot Springs
Me, Nancy and Kiara



No comments:

Post a Comment