Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 144 - And in to Kakadu

Hi Guys, it's with sadness, that today, I was to be left alone, as my friends, and travel partners for the last few weeks were going home today.

But before we parted, we did one last thing together, and that was to go to see the Edith Falls, a waterfall area about 60km north of Katherine. And it was a nice walk, all of about 100 metres from the car.

From there, I hopped back into the car, alone, and headed towards Kakadu. With a full day's plans, I drove into Kakadu, and did the following:

Gunlom Gorge, a lovely waterfall/pool, where even though you're warned not to go in due to Crocs, lots of people were still swimming in the water. (not me that is).

I then attempted to go to Maguk, but once I found the road turning to soft sand, I turned around quickly.

I then headed to Yellow Water, a lovely lake/lagoon, with a fantastic boardwalk to stroll along. It's about now that I should tell you that the temperature was 37 degrees, and about 99% humidity. So much for dry season.

I then headed to Nourangie Rock, one of the two main areas I believe in Kakadu, as it's a lovely walk along-side rock that's been painted 7000 years ago. I myself think someone just goes along each day with chalk and touches it up.

From there I headed to the Aurora resort, where I spent the night, doing laundry and being chased/chasing cane toads. Gotta love the life.


Edith Falls


Yellow Water

Nourlangie Rock



No comments:

Post a Comment